Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekends are for...

- Sleeping in!  It is so nice to have a day where I can just lay in the bright sunshine and not have to get up right away.  Since going off the meds at the end of December, it has been hard to find the motivation to start my day sometimes, so I am thankful for days of rest.

- Seeing old friends.  I haven't really stayed in touch with people from college (the end of my time there wasn't...well, very fun.  but that's another story).  BUT - Christine randomly facebooked me, and so we hung out for a good part of the day.  Yay for catching up 6 years later!  Here is a funny plant we found at the Botanical Garden:

It's called a fingernail plant...
It's kind of sad that it was the first time I'd been there...but when you live somewhere, it's so easy not to take advantage of everything around you!


- Relaxing!  I was exhausted (and cold!) after walking around, drinking starbucks (what saturday day is complete without coffee?!), going to the botanical garden, and eating at tortilla cafe (cheap and delicious!), so said goodbye to Christine, snuggled under my hand-made blanket (thanks Aunt Betty!) and proceeded to watch 3 hours of Fringe.  If you've never heard of Fringe...well, it is WEIRD.  I'm not really sure how I got into watching it, but it's just so good that I can't stop.  If you are a fan of JJ Abrams (and how could you not be?) and you like a bit of suspense with some other-worldly science thrown in, you should maaaaybe give it a watch.  or not.  My roommates make fun of me, and I don't blame them.  I mean, this is an actual sentence that I formed: 'someone traveled between universes because they injected her with metal the vibrates at a certain frequency'.  I know that sounds ridiculous, but the stranger the show gets, the less surprised i get.  Anyways, it's definitely weird, but oh so interesting!

- Trying new recipes! I just had quite possibly the best pancakes of have tasted in my whole entire life.  Seriously, I don't think I will ever make any other type ever again.  You have to try them!!  In the past week, two of my friends told me I had to make oat pancakes, and I inhaled them!  This one calls for bananas, and since they can replace eggs (and I can't eat them), I just left the egg out and added a little almond milk.  I also put in some vanilla extract and chocolate chips (in my book, pancakes shouldn't be made unless there is some chocolate in them).  I added some bacon, and threw a little soy yogurt on top.  Then I left the kitchen a complete mess so I could run to church.  mmmmm!

Well, i'm off to watch downton abbey!  Enjoy the last hours of your weekend :)











No comments:

Post a Comment