Quick update -
| This is how my room looked for a week... |
I have a new home! My sublease for July ended, and I was left scrambling for a place to live. I had been looking since before I moved up here, but nothing seemed to fit. Places that sounded perfect fell through. People that seemed promising turned out to be crazy...and, like always, God provided just the place right when I needed it. I am now living with a couple who knows Jeremy through church, and I have my own room! They have the cutest little house and baby, and have been so welcoming and yet so chill. I am settling in nicely, especially since getting furniture...for my first week all I owned was my bed. Let's just say that once I found my (free!) dresser on craig's list, my stress level definitely evened out. It's no fun living out of boxes and bags!
| It was driving me crazy, but there was nothing I could do! |
Anyways, I am excited to get to know Justin and Erika (and Pearl :), and I can really see them becoming good friends. Having a couple as friends is a newer experience for me, and so far I like it. A lot. (Shout out to my roomies in raleigh!). I have been here since Tuesday, and feel completely comfortable coming and going as I please, hanging out downstairs, holing up in my bedroom, eating dinner with them...basically it's a sweet deal. As if all that isn't enough, the rent is exactly what I was hoping for with my budget, something that seemed impossible to find in such an expensive city. He had everything worked out, even to the smallest details :)
No comments:
Post a Comment