Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thunderstorm!

The weather is CRAZY right now!  I got up early so I would have enough time to do yoga and still get to work on time...but it looks like I'll be going in late today.  It's raining so hard I can barely see across the street!  The sky is so dark it feels like it's still the middle of the night.  No way is my little polka dotted umbrella going to keep me dry...I think I'll just wait it out.

I am sitting at the dining room table in the midnight lighting, and baby Pearl is just on the other side of my mac, sitting on the table in her booster seat.  She's chowing down on cheerios and jabbering away in her baby language.  She has to be one of the happiest babies I've ever known...and I've gotta say, I  kind of missed having a baby around! (Don't get any ideas...)

I'm continuing to love my coworkers.  One of the really great things (among many) about work is how laid back and friendly everyone is.  This picture is from the company picnic we had a few weeks ago:



I bet you would never guess that the one on the right is my boss...Kristen is the one who called me about my application, interviewed me, and apparently liked me enough to hire me!  She is super friendly, doesn't micro-manage, and I feel like I could talk to her about anything.  Nancy (on the left) is the program officer who is in charge of France, so she's one of the people I work pretty closely with.  She got Kristen this awesome hat in Jamaica.  Our office is full of great people who often stop to chat, and I can guarantee lots of laughter on any given day.  It's the best environment I could have asked for, and I am SO thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment