After a period of almost 6 years, countless tests, frustrating answers (or lack thereof) it seems that someone can finally make sense of my extremely confusing, ridiculously broad, and terribly frustrating symptoms. I almost don't dare hope that this might be the beginning of the end of feeling sick constantly...but I have to have hope.
Having no hope is an awful place to be. I know, because I've definitely been there. With each month of feeling sicker, with each food I crossed of the Joyce-friendly list, and with each doctor's lacking answer, my hope died a little. It was incredibly hard to visit doctor after doctor, learning to expect no answers. It was frustrating and disheartening to have to put up with answers like, "you just have IBS...there's not much you can do", "just chew on some licorice tablets and change your diet" or my personal favorite, "good news, the tests came back negative...there's nothing wrong with you!". Doctors like that make me want to punch them in the face.
Then there was the Tibetan doctor I flew up to NYC to see. THAT was interesting. I mean, really, how much can someone tell from swirling urine in a jar and feeling your wrist pulses? Yeah, we didn't work out.
And don't forget Dr. quack, who charged me thousands of dollars, filled my diet with supplements, and pumped me full of IVs. i booted him.
I could go on about the string of gastroenterologists, radiologists, chiropractors, alternative doctors and other crazies, but I don't want to bore you. All this is to say...
I've been through it.
I've done my best to keep my head up and stay positive, but that hasn't always possible. However, I can't even began to tell you how good it feels to know that I have an answer. Maybe. Antibiotic treatment isn't always effective and Lyme is very tricky to treat, but it's looking good. God has been so faithful, and he's only taught me more of his faithfulness through these years. My hope is growing...I am hesitant, but want to believe. I know He has a plan, and I know it's a good one. We'll just have to wait and see what it is!
I'll keep you posted :)
No comments:
Post a Comment