"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy one of Israel, your Savior".
Isaiah 43:1-3
I think I've been giving in to despair a little bit to much lately. Sure, it sucks being sick, wondering if I'll ever be better. It's incredibly hard to be so exhausted that I don't have the energy to do anything, and so depressed that I don't want to anything.
And yet, I know God is in all of this. I know everything He does is righteous and just. I know he uses trials to shape and mold his children. I know He will bring me through.
He is good. faithful. loving. merciful. gracious. patient. When He decides to bring me out of this season, I am hopeful that I will be more faithful, humble, loving, gracious, compassionate, patient, kind, gentle and wise than before.
My prayer is that instead of dwelling on how I feel, I would be captivated by my beautiful savior...living each day for His glory.
Joyce,
ReplyDeleteSo good to read your post today and to know that you are encouraged. Keep up the good fight. He is with you, treasures you and his plans are to prosper you. "Surely our greifs He himself bore, And our sorrows He carried." Isaiah 53:4