Thursday, January 27, 2011

numbers and thoughts

10 reasons why my work is awesome:

#1.  I have awesome coworkers (remember how I invited them to my birthday party and it was a blast?).

#2. My boss is amazing! (Fun, understanding, and kind.  And she lets me leave early when I'm feeling sick - major plus, because I never know when it's going to hit)

#3. We have a coffee club. 'nuff said.  (ok, maybe not.  I LOVE coffee!  And I am surrounded by people who are just like me.  It is just the best thing in the world to come into the office and get coffee before anything else!).

#4. Abby Bates.  I wouldn't be able to fit everything I love about her on here! She is just great :)

#5. People stop and chat about mmmmmm about 10 times a day.  Sometimes it's tough to get everything done...but I'm not complaining.  It's nice to have things to break up our work that can be...monotonous.

#6. I wear corduroys every (other?) day, and no one cares (my boss even wears them sometimes).  Sometimes I forget to take my sneakers off...It's nice not being required to wear business clothing, since ISEP does NOT pay us enough to afford to buy that kind of stuff! Yay first job out of college (that I am so thankful for and gaining a lot of knowledge and experience!)

#7. I get to write emails/talk to people in French (not as often as I would like, but it's better than nothing!)

#8. The office atmosphere is so friendly and relaxed.  Yes, job is in Washington DC. No, it's not stressful.  I know, who would have thought? What a great place to be during this season in my life!

#9. Abby, Colleen and I (the three Program Assistants) have our own little space!  It is so nice to be together and be able to chat/laugh/ask questions/laugh...well, you get the idea.  I just love being with people.

#10.  Abby Bates.  Oh wait, I already said that :)

Lunch break.  Abby and I watching a show together...yes, we are sharing a pair of headphones.  

The End!






No comments:

Post a Comment