Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's About Time...

oh dear.  It's been so long since I've written a post that I couldn't even remember my blog address!  yikes.  that's definitely a bad sign.

I keep thinking about writing a post, and then I don't.  I've been tired...and unmotivated.  But there have been a lot of good things happening in my life!

Something that I am most thankful for right now is my roommates.  Ever since moving up to DC, I had been praying for a good housing situation, and he went above and beyond.  I live with 3 wonderful, genuine, godly and hilarious women.  When we're all together...things get a little crazy.  This picture is from a Valentine's dinner we had at our house:




I've been so encouraged living with them.  After several rough living situations, I am so grateful for this blessing that I by no means deserve.


My coworkers are still great.  In December, my office moved, and instead of having a little cubicle, I share a larger space with Abby and Colleen (we are the three Program Assistants).  We have affectionately named our place 'the zone'.  We have a lot of fun together...Abby has story time throughout the day ("ok ok, LAST story".  I think we hear that about 15 times a day.  oh abby...haha).  Today we had zone lympics...colleen tried to throw a paper clip across the room into a little container.  she had 10 tries...fail.  We also shared a whole bag of peanut m&ms (actually, m&ms are a regular part of our day).  Random dance parties while listening to rap are also quite common..we have to do something to stay motivated!

We love having people visit the zone...and we inevitably brighten their day with our ridiculousness.  This afternoon, we were trying to get pumped up to finish the last 2 hours (I was falling asleep), so we got The Sound of Music playing, and we had a sing-along.  As we yodeled along with Julie Andrews, our boss (whose office is right across the hall) said, "are you listening to the sounds of music?  I love it!".  We kept singing and she just started laughing.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment