Sunday, May 15, 2011

May - the new beginning of blogging!

I was just about to go to bed, but I had the sudden urge to visit my blog.  how is it possible that I haven't written since March?!?!  I have wanted to write so many times, but I just never had the energy to sit down and actually do it.  I've missed it though...it's an awesome way to kind of process things, while at the same time giving me the opportunity to share what's been going down in the life of Joyce.

Let me tell you, God has just given me blessing after blessing!! I'll start with this weekend, since it was just amazing.  I have a TON to catch you up on, but I better take it slow...or else I'll get overwhelmed and not end up writing for 2 months!  Or, I'll just write such a long novella that you will get bored and go to hulu instead.

This was a sweet weekend of fellowship.  Friday night after work, I drove out to Harper's Ferry for a girls getaway.  The ride was a blast!  It may or may not have had something to do that I was sitting next to Samantha (one of my favorite people!).  When we are together, it is absolute craziness.  It's like we had 50 pixie sticks and 4 venti starbucks....you can imagine the level of hyperactivity.  So fun :)  We lately discovered our mutual love of disney's robin hood..between the two of us, I think we quoted the whole movie!

Lunch date with Samantha!
Anyways, back to the weekend.  I was so thankful for the chance to get away, spend time with good friends, meet new girls, watch movies and sleep in.  On Saturday morning after a leisurely breakfast, we walked down to the river...we were on the AT!  pretty cool stuff.

This was on our way to the trail...somehow the trip ended with us having the nicknames
butter buns, bun bun and honey buns...


The day was cloudy and windy, but it felt good to be out in nature.  I was on a picture taking kick...

Love these ladies :)



We hiked the AT!  and by hiked, i mean we walked about 1/2 a mile...




We had a sweet time of singing hymns down by the water.  It was beautiful :)

We were only away for one night, but it was so refreshing and relaxing.  I absolutely love DC, but it is nice to get out in nature sometimes.  I also really appreciate having the opportunity to get to know girls from church on a deeper level...all of these blessings that I don't deserve!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. what a nice surprise to see that you had blogged. Enjoyed the pics too! Glad you had such a good time.
    Love ya,
    Mommo

    ReplyDelete