Wow. Even though I love journaling, I have obviously fallen out of it. Instead, it has been replaced by meaningless tv shows that I can't seem to stop watching! having 5 seasons on netflix is dangerous...I can use the excuse that I'm still exhausted when I get home from work sometimes, but that only goes so far. anyways, I'm praying and trying to cut waaay back on that so that I can blog and read and do things that matter, you know?
Let me rewind to about a month ago. Christmas break. *sigh*. It was so incredibly restful and sweet. I knew I needed a break, but I didn't realized how stinking much i needed it! The first 3 days, I went to bed early, slept in, and took a nap. My poor little body had been working overtime, and when I got home I just crashed. I am SO thankful for that rest.
Being with my family was food for my soul. It's almost beyond words how wonderful it was. It was a blessing just to be. I am grateful for the incredible, wonderful and loving family that the Lord has given me. Each moment that I spend time with them grows my affection for them. The week and a half that I was has in Raleigh was not enough. I wanted to stay on and on.
It was wonderful to talk with them, read near them, and play games in front of the fire. Mom faithfully prepared meals that were delicious and nutritious as always. The fact that I didn't have to worry about food relieved me of an incredible amount of stress. Thanks mom :)
I know this sounds nostalgic, but I guess that's because it is...even though it was a week and a half ago. I got to go on a coffee/movie date with my dad, always such fun and an encouragement. It is so neat to be able to share our lives with each other. I am so thankful for my parents - they are 2 of the most loving, committed, hardworking people I know. Thank you for loving me through it all, and most importantly, thank you for teaching me about Christ. As I get older, I am aware of the unimaginable blessing of having godly parents.
Getting to spend time with Carolyn was just...wow. It's hard to live 7 hours apart and hardly ever get to see her. In her words, she is the friend that I am just lucky enough to share parents with. Sharing her bed, chatting and catching up, watching netflix together, sitting in front of the fire together...I just couldn't get enough of it :) One morning we made lattes with her new espresso machine and took them up to her bed, pretending that it was a cafe. She is, without a doubt, one of my dearest friends.
I got to see the Shingler's as well! It was so good to spend a few afternoons with them and get to catch up. Spending time with them is just so natural, and I love it. The girls are cuter and crazier than ever, so spunky and lovable.
I'll add some pictures when I get home! (I got to work and found out there was a winter delay until 11...so I'm blogging instead :)
How blessed I am to have such a loving, sweet, thoughtful daughter like you. It was so good to have you (and everyone else) home for Christmas. I'm so glad your time here was restful and enjoyable and not long enough. What a treasure you, your siblings and Dad are!
ReplyDelete