I absolutely cannot BELIEVE that my last post was in January!! That is awful. wow. I must be the world's worst blogger! You know how you want to do something, but you don't have the time, or don't have the energy? And how the longer you wait the more unattainable it gets? And how when you keep waiting, and waiting...and waiting, then you never do it? Well, I guess you could say I got a bad case of that. But I have good news, and I wanted to share it with you!!!!
Last week, I went to my Lyme doctor for my first appointment since March. Let me back up...in November, I had an appointment, and I was feeling pretty darn good. I felt almost as good on the antibiotics as I did off them, which is the goal. My doctor said that pretty soon I would be able to cut back on my antibiotics.
Over the next few months, I sunk back into my 'normal' life of not feeling well. I knew something wasn't right..and when I went in for my appointment in March, Kim said that one of the co-infections had come back. (by the way, sorry if this post is boring..just trying to update you on the facts :)
I wasn't really surprised...but it was still pretty stupid if you ask me. I said, "I don't have to take the Mepron, do I??". Yep, you guessed it. I had to go back on the atomic yellow, anti-malarial, nausea-inducing, want-to-throw-up-when-i-think-about-it #%*$ that I had been on a whole YEAR ago. A year! That is when I really got discouraged. Last time when I had finished this same round of treatment, I hurled the leftover medicine into the garbage and shouted "I NEVER HAVE TO TAKE YOU AGAIN!!!". :/
Ok, now for the good news. I'm on my last week of the poison!! Last Thursday I found out that in two weeks my antibiotics are going to be dramatically decreased!!! Would you believe me if I told you I've been on harsh antibiotics for 18 months? Only the Lord's strength and mercy has sustained me for this long. I have always believed that I could heal me if that was his will, but I just wasn't sure that it was...the road has just been so long. Now, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I just cant believe it. I can't even believe it. It's still sinking in, and I'm not putting all of my hope in it, but I am thankful for the ray of sunshine that is finally peeking through.

No comments:
Post a Comment