Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 10th

The christmas tree is out and i'm back in my cozy nook by the window :)  Carolyn and her friends were here for dinner and they just left, and I am spending a little time with the Lord before I crawl into bed.

It was so so good to see my sis, even if it was only for the evening - I am so thankful for that girl!  What a true, deep friend.  I didn't ever want her to leave.

As I sat here reflecting, I thought of some things from today that made me smile...
- peanut soup.  I know it sounds weird, but trust me.  It has sweet potatoes, kale, garlic and peanut butter.  how could you go wrong?  If you still don't believe me, try making it here.

- my pharmacist.  Because I went off all my medications recently, I hadn't seen her in over a month.  When she saw me, she gave me a huge hug and yelled at me for not setting up my voicemail yet - she had called yesterday to catch up.

- I didn't buy Starbucks today!  I was knocked off my feet by the flu for two weeks over break (apparently I had bird flu, swine flu and a strain of influenza...), and coffee just hasn't tasted good to me.  So, i'm saving money!  Another great side effect is I drank tea like it was my job...and now i like it even more!

More than anything, though, I am thankful for the steadfast love of my savior.  I stumble and fall, I forget and I get distracted, I willfully obey.  But he is infinite in mercy, perfect in love, and overflowing with grace.  This world is not always an easy place, but when he is for me, who can be against me?

No comments:

Post a Comment