Oh hello there, December. Have I ever mentioned that I love Christmas time? I really really do...it's got to be one of my most favorite times of the year (although, I tend to feel that way when spring hits...and summer, and fall. So.)
I've never had much faith in my decorating skills, but this year I decided to be a little more proactive and actually try. Anyone else out there need to stop letting fear of failure get in the way of creativty?? I know I sure do. Sometimes I just need to get out of my own way.
Work has been a bit, shall we say, slow, for the past few weeks, which has given me a chance to research all sorts of craft projects. However, don't be fooled into thinking that Better Homes and Gardens projects are quick OR easy. How did I think I would have time for this or this? And definitely not these guys. Abby and I spent over an hour cutting out the pattern before I decided there were about a million other things I would rather spend my time doing. Let's just stick with free evergreens that I stole from Home Depot and red ribbon, shall we? Oh, and white lights. You can never have too many white lights!!
Last night the four of us spent the evening cleaning and decorating...our home has become a christmas wonderland! It is just the best. thing. ever. So excited for our Christmas party this Saturday, and so, so thankful for the girls I get to live with! It is definitely more than I deserve.
No comments:
Post a Comment