Friday, December 6, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Last Thursday, I set my alarm for 4:45am.  Normally, if I have to get up before 6am I just hate the world in general, but for some reason, that day I woke up before my alarm went off.  In my head, it went something like this, "wow, I feel rested! time to get up!".  Weird, right?

Some highlights of the drive: We listened to switchfoot.  Oh my GOODNESS I forgot how much I used to (and still?) love them.  Listening to Beautiful Letdown sure took me back...

Highlight #2 (well, for me at least, not sure about Jeremy and Erin...): I got to belt out the entire album of Wicked.  Yes please.

#3...Jeremy was a sugar daddy for a hot second and bought us starbucks. holler!

By the time 10:30 rolled around, we were pulling into my parents driveway and walking into a fully prepared breakfast of sausage and eggs and gf bread.  I have to say, there are a TON of things I love about going home, but the food has to be one of the best!  Thanks mom, I appreciate you!

It was so, so good to be home.  Last year was...not the most fun time.  This last year sure has seen a lot of changes for me!  Last December, I was in the process of titrating off 15 prescriptions.  Just as I was finishing that, I got every flu known to man...for two weeks.  Christmas found me lying on the couch all day and in bed all night.  3 types of flu+insomnia+withdrawal symptoms = not fun.  Anyways, all of that to say that this time, going home was just so wonderful.  I have been feeling so much better lately, praise God!

I have energy, which means I can help mom cook, go on dates with my sibs, and even go on a 5 mile run!  I really can't describe how thankful I am for the change in my health that I have seen over the last several months.  God sure does bring blessings at the most unexpected times and in the most unanticipated ways. 

Here are some pictures, because i think pictures are the best!!



Day-after-thanksgiving-dinner...my failed attempt to take a panoramic of everyone to send to Carolyn...


Birthday celebrations...ben being a ham.  typical.


Diana: "I really love these colors...but they only had a 1X"
Me: "uh, you do know what "X" stands for, right?"
D: "Noo-ooo...?"


Ha.

Hope you all had a wonderful time with your families! 
 
xoxo




1 comment: