Thursday, October 21, 2010

starstruck...yep, it happened





Ok, so those of you who know me know that I’m a big dork when it comes to things like Harry Potter and LOTR (that’s lord of the rings for you-who-aren’t-as-cool-as-me).  What you might not know is that I also really enjoyed Transformers 1 and 2.  So, last week when Abby informed me that the 3rd one was being filmed in DC, I almost flipped. 
     There wasn’t even a question whether or not we would stalk Shia, and maybe even be extras? Ok, maybe not that last part, but we were hoping to at least see someone famous!  
     Wednesday night found Abby and I downtown being blinded by impossibly bright lights and surrounded by crowds of fans.  Police tape made it impossible to get closer than 100 feet to anything remotely interesting...I mean, whole blocks were cordoned off!  I was afraid we would never see anything, and since nothing was happening (as far as we could tell), I told Abby we should ask one of the police men if they could give us any inside information.  I walked up to a cop with an extraordinarily bad haircut (kind of like this this...just kidding!! THAT is an extraordinarily bad and creepy haircut i discovered this week...Hugh Jackman, you know better than that).  It was more like this, but a little poofier (and about 100X worse):



 Anyways, I walked up and said “excuse me...”.  He put his finger in my face as he spoke into his walkie talkie.  I stood there awkwardly while he finished his super important conversation, determined to see if I could get any information out of him.  A minute later, he turned to me and said, “can I help you with something before I take police action?”. 

 Are you serious?  Trying to keep a straight face, I told him I was sorry for interrupting, and asked if he would happen to know the best place to wait...for something, anything to happen.  He pointed to one of the several places where hoards of people were gathered and said, “yeah, right there”.  Thanks a bunch officer! ...couldn’t have done it without you.
After an hour passed, the only thing we had seen were jacked up police SUVs tearing down the street and then reversing...in order to shoot the scene again.  Fascinating.  Riggght. 
Looking on the bright side, if we strained our eyes really hard, we could just barely make out a few guys in black running across the road...about a football field away.  I'm pretty sure they were someone famous.  We finally got tired of waiting, and figured that we wouldn’t see anything more exciting anyways, so we left.  The next day, I found out that 15 minutes after we had peaced out, they had started filming explosions.  Gahhh!!  I mean, it would have been exciting to catch a glimpse of Shia, but let’s be honest...seeing fake explosions would have been even better. 


To give you an idea of how exciting our night was...


The only picture we took.  haha

Determined to try again and wait it out until we saw something, we started planning for our next adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Hey thought you got pics of Josh D. Are you going to post them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience, young grasshopper. The best is yet to come!!

    ReplyDelete