Last night, I got really overwhelmed by all of my medical expenses - doctors visits and tons (i mean tons!) of supplements. This is my pillbox:
Actually, this is my nighttime one...I have another one for the morning. There are no less than 23 pills in that little compartment. I used to be able to down them in one gulp (with lemon-flavored magnesium dissolved in water), but now there are so many I have to do it in 2 . And now I get to inject myself twice a week?! Awesommmmme.
Oh, and this is just the beginning - on Monday, I'm starting the 'real' meds. Up to this point, I've just been taking a slew of supplements (to help boost my immune system) and some anti-seizure drugs (I know, random). But on November 1st, I'm starting on a cycle of 4 antibiotics (so then I will have 27 pills to swallow...).
I have no idea what to expect. Apparently, feeling sick (well, sicker than normal) will be a good sign, because that will show that my body is going through detox, and flushing the damn bugs out. The doctor told me "we want you to feel sick, but not too sick. Like, we don't want you to be bedridden, but you might not feel so great". Hmmm...not sure how I feel about that. But you know what? If this helps in the long run, it will be totally worth it.
...I'm just glad God is control
Awwww I am so sorry that you have to do injections and it looks like an inter muscular size needle not a sub cutanious one that diabetics use. Were you able to do it and I am sure that you can talk someone else into giving it to you maybe. Also you are seeing the dr enough I imagine that I am sure they could give it to you well you are there. I know I have been able to do so in the past : ) Where are you supposed to give it to yourself?
ReplyDeleteOh my, that is a heck of a lot of pills. Praying for hope and grace to persevere.
ReplyDelete