gahhh!!! the last time i wrote was june? holy freaking cow. lots has happened since then. lots and lots. Ok let's see...
July was really hot. August was really hot. wait, back up. July 4th was really hot, but really good. I was reflecting on my previous one (just 5 days after I moved here), and what a difference a year makes! How fun to start the day by waking up at my good friend samantha's, then going home to take a nap (haha)?
Then i had some time to journal (and drink coffee of course), and thank God for his many blessings.
In the evening, I went to a cookout at the Bullmoose (the house across the street from the church where 13 guys live...i know i know, how was i invited?). I walked over to the church to check out the (somewhat exclusive) picnic, and somehow ended up on the 4th floor roof with everyone else to see the fireworks. It was pretty neat to see them from up there and have a 360 view! There were actually fireworks all around us, but most of them were illegal.
Beginning of August was family beach week. I never knew how sweet a week-long vacation could be! I felt like life was closing in all around me, and then suddenly I was sleeping in, drinking coffee, reading, having meals made for me, laying on the beach, swimming....I just love the beach :) It was so refreshing to not have a schedule and to be with people I love.
The end of August saw Abby leaving for grad-school. I drove a packed second car down with her to Williamsburg. I was glad to be there and see where she would be living, but it was hard to drive away! I miss having her at work...when we were together we were usually laughing :)
That's all for now :)
<3,
J
No comments:
Post a Comment