Saturday, September 24, 2011

sleepy grey saturday..

Today my arm hurts.  and my arm, i mean my shoulder. should blade, rotator, neck muscle connected to it, etc.  I flipping FELL on wednesday night.  I was coming home from bible study, and not in the greatest mood.  It was dark, and a bit rainy,  and the lord has really been showing me what an idol I’ve made of friendships...I’ve come to rely on them so much for happiness that I don’t find my satisfaction in the Lord.  
anyways, this is the mood i was in as I walked up my street and through my gate.  As I grabbed my keys, I noticed a guy walking by on the sidewalk.  Next thing I know, I am laid out on my front steps, and he has passed right on by.  As far as I can tell, this is what happened:  When I was looking for the right key, I put my foot out, and instead of stepping ON the step, I stepped on the edge of it and my foot slipped off.  Of course, since my body was already moving forward, this resulted in me landing on my left hip and shoulder, scraping my shins and knee, and going down.  Ow.
What really sucks is that I totally re-injured my shoulder!  It was just starting to feel better after 5 weeks, and it feels just as bad as it did back at the beginning.  I know that God is sovereign over everything, but I feel so bruised and battered!  Today I am just coming off two weeks of meds (stronger antibiotics than I’ve had in all 10 months of treatment), so I am sitting here with a burning shoulder, bruises, a popped vein from getting blood drawn and very unhappy stomach.  All I want is a home-cooked meal from my mom...and maybe some nursing-back-to-health.  
I’ve got to say...for that book I keep talking about writing, this is just another interesting chapter.  I wonder what God has in store for me next...

No comments:

Post a Comment