It all started Friday morning...
I got up extra early, and made it to work by 8 (I know, I was impressed)...I didn't walk the 1.5 miles though, I caved and took the metro. ISEP is awesome about flexible hours - I got to leave at 4 so I could meet up with Viv!
Unfortunately, the moment I got off work and went to meet her...she was caught in traffic, stuck to the leather seats of Jumbo. Friday was sweltering. Jumbo has no air conditioning. NOT a fun ride...but once I got some mint iced tea into her and stuck her in front of the AC, we were ready to start our weekend!
Surprisingly, we didn't do anything touristy. We did, however, frequent my favorite cafe no less than 4 times (yes, in 2 1/2 days). Cafe Tryst is just so cool! Besides, it has the best iced soy lattes I've ever tasted...and we discovered that their food is just as tasty! Best hummus EVER.
This was our Saturday morning breakfast stop as well... :)
Then I got to show Viv where I work! She got to see my cubicle and everything. I know it's not much, but it feels official...and I love having my own workspace, even if I don't have a door.
I have to say, this weekend we ate, and we ate well. As if having Tryst food a few times wasn't enough, Dad took us all (me, Viv, Jeremy and Erin) out to a delectable Indian restaurant. I mean, we couldn't even talk when our food came because it was that good. It was heavenly. I probably could have eaten my weight in chicken curry...twice. Good thing we walked a mile to the restaurant!
After dinner, Dad and I walked to Tryst to get some tea and catch up. Ok, so tea was the plan...he ended up with a latte and blackberry lemon tart, and I got a huge platter of strawberries and nutella! Mmmm. It was great to chat and share what had been going on in our lives. I'm so thankful for you Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment