Thursday, July 1, 2010

What the heck whole foods??

Well, tonight was the first night I had the time and the groceries to actually make some food...I'm going to try a new diet, in the hopes that it will help my stomach feel better. The diet is mostly crockpot meals - stuff that is easy to digest.
Last night, I made the trek to whole foods on the metro to get some supplies. Other than the heart-stopping bill and the heavy bags, I have to say I quite enjoyed being able to get to the grocery store without a car :)

Fast forward to tonight. After another long (but good) day at the office, I walked to my apartment and decided to get down to business. I was planning on making a moroccan lentil stew with butternut squash, potatoes, green beans, and curry. Sounds good, right? Well...apparently I didn't look closely enough at my dear squash, because it had some mold on the inside. Sad! I cut it off, and decided it still looked ok. I then proceeded to cut almost the entire squash, which took forever. When I got to the bottom, I saw the seeds didn't look so good either...so I tasted a piece. NOT good. I had smelled it, so I thought it was ok, but apparently not. So I had to throw it all out and postpone my stew :(

Bad squash


The end of the bad squash.

Although...I decided to drop by whole foods tomorrow and exchange it for a living one, because this is just unacceptable. So hopefully my next go-round will be more successful!

2 comments:

  1. For sure take it back and make them give you a new one. Booo so frusturating to think you are going to make something and then it doesn't turn out that you can : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. once I tried to make stuffed eggplant. bad idea.

    ReplyDelete