Saturday, July 3, 2010

Success

You have no idea how blessed I feel right now. After a week in the city, I am ready to live here forever! I absolutely love it, from walking everywhere and people watching to soaking in the sites and finding cool places to go. And, although I’m sure it will wear off before too long, the metro is pretty fun too.


At Dupont Circle, 3 blocks from my office


It is SO great to have a regular schedule. No more of this getting up at 5 am crap! I love setting my alarm at the same time every morning, and knowing that it will give me plenty of time to do some yoga, spend time with God, eat breakfast and get ready for work. Yes please.


I already love my coworkers. I went out to lunch 3 times with them last week (definitely won’t be the norm on my budget, but it was a fun introduction!), and already feel quite comfortable in the office. This is HUGE. There is a lot of turnover at ISEP and I clearly will not be there forever, but it is a great place to gain experience in my field. The fact that I can have that and love my coworkers is just amazing (and so far I found out that one of them is a Christian!). I am so grateful.


Woodley Park is a fun place to live. My apartment is right by the metro, as well as 2 blocks from the zoo and within walking distance of several restaurants and shops. In fact, right now I am at a cool place called Cafe Tryst I found down the street from my place. Emily, my housemate, is great. She has been so welcoming, helpful and thoughtful. Just what I needed to transition into my new life. I am only living here for July, because I can’t afford the rent for more than a month. I was only planning on subletting for the month, to get a chance to look around and familiarize myself with the area. I am now certain I want to live IN the city and not outside (in VA or MD), and I am confident that the Lord will direct me.


On our way to first friday art galleries

A random sculpture we found...



I had lunch in the park yesterday with the other PAs (Program Assistants)
Scott, on the right was my predecessor/awesome trainer

1 comment:

  1. Dude! I created an account so I could follow your blog:) I am so excited for you everything looks great in these pictures! I can't believe it all happened so fast but I am so happy for you:)

    ReplyDelete