I am absolutely THRILLED to be in DC!! I am still catching my breath after the lightning transition, but can clearly see God’s hand every step of the way. From the seemingly ‘random’ job opening email, to my flippantly sending in my resume, to getting the job 2 weeks later and finding a sublet and roommate…I know this is exactly where I am meant to be. I was completely ready for a change, and He knew just what I needed. I wasn’t ready to start off somewhere new with no friends or familiarity, and DC is just perfect. Jeremy is here, which in and of itself is a huge blessing. There is nothing like having family nearby to put you at ease. In addition, I have a friend from high school, a friend from college, and a great new roommate! And, as if that weren’t enough, I saw 2 people that I know on the metro randomly both Sunday and Monday! It’s almost too much for me to handle :).
My coworkers have been amazing so far. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming, and I think they are all doing their best to put me at ease (and doing a good job!). This whole week has been about jamming as much information into my little brain as possible...I didn't start feeling brain dead until yesterday (wed) at the end of the day. There is just so much to learn! ISEP study abroad is different from anything I have encountered before, so I am trying not to get too overwhelmed with all of the new info.
On Tuesday night, I got into the little apartment I am subletting for July. My roommate, Emily, has been so kind, and I love my room! It has a fireplace, creaky wood floors, and peely paint on the windows.
My walk to work is a lovely 25 minutes across this bridge and down Connecticut Ave to get to Dupont Circle. I love it!
I thought this was pretty cool...I work near the white house!
Way to go, Joyce. I am so proud of you! -Dad
ReplyDeleteHappy for you as you begin this new journey! momma q
ReplyDeleteWooo Hooo, that is awesome! I have been meaning to tell you I had "success" with pizza on the grill Tuesday night. Slight char marks but the outcome I was happy with : )
ReplyDeleteOh and just remember that you are new to the position and are human and can only do so much and will mess up and that is ok. I have had to remind myself that with my new position.
Hey there exbarista. I am so proud of you and am thrilled God has blessed you with a job that is so perfect for you.
ReplyDelete